The 21st century is the age of digitalization. People have become heavily dependent on the use of technology for carrying out simple tasks in life. The internet has opened up realms to unlimited knowledge and enabled everyone with access to it. A new field of study called e-education has taken over the teaching sector and has assisted the student’s learning experience.
In the present day, even the Government of India is encouraging technology in education. With the rise of Edtech in India, the learning process has been enhanced by several folds and students are able to perform better due to the educational aid received by top online learning platforms.
Following are the reasons why online learning is going to be a game changer:
- Students anywhere and everywhere have access to quality education. With online learning, anyone can learn anything from any place in the world. All that is required is a smart device and an internet connection.
- Education is being personalized. This means that students can learn the concepts effectively based on their own preferences and their level of proficiency. In that sense, education has been made adaptive.
- Students have access to and can avail guidance from teachers around the world for various subjects. Video/audio calling and chat has also enabled experts to explain concepts to students in real time.
- Interactive methods cater to the student’s curiosity and generate a keen interest in learning.
- Online learning has enabled students worldwide to a way of learning that is not restricted to specific timings. You can be flexible with your study time and learn as and when the time allows. In other words, you don’t have to try and grasp the concepts within the stipulated time confines of the classroom.
- Online learning has eradicated the need to compete with the rest of the class as it allows you to learn at your own pace. Tutorial videos are available online which you can view it as many times as you want to make your concepts clear about a topic.
- Since online learning is not bound by the traditional classroom type of teaching, it has given students and teachers alike the freedom to both choose their time and place. You can take online classes anywhere according to your convenience, which includes attending it at the comfort of your home.
There are other skills that students will need to stay competitive in the 21st century. Digital literacy, the ability to use the internet and other digital technologies, is increasingly important for a wide variety of jobs.
In ways more than one, online learning has tried to mitigate the challenges faced by the education system in India. Not only does it open up a new avenue of learning, it also strengthens the education system to help the children learn more effectively as compared to traditional methods. Research work too has been made substantially simpler through e-learning which allows parents to seek guidance as well, if needed. All of this points out to a definitive observation – online learning will be a key factor in ameliorating the educational system in India.