What does Early Childhood Education mean?
Early childhood refers to the period from a child’s birth to kindergarten. It plays a major role in the life of children. Early childhood education is beneficial for them in giving a head start for their future. This article will help you understand why it is important to invest in children’s education from an early age.
Purpose of Early Childhood Education
“The first 5 years have so much to do with how the next 80 turn out,” – said Bill Gates. Early childhood education helps young children in developing physical, social, cognitive, and emotional skills. The initial five years of a child’s life are crucial because it is during this time that children learn how to interact with people, peers, teachers, and parents. It is also the right time to develop interests that will be helpful for them throughout their lives.
Advantages of Early Childhood Education
Everything children experience during their early years becomes a learning opportunity for them. A child’s mind is similar to a sponge. It has the potential to absorb a lot of information. Proper guidance is required in the early years of a child for a fruitful future. Following are the advantages of early childhood education:
1) Learning Good Habits: A daily routine helps children learn good habits such as waking up on time, learning to brush their teeth, packing bags, going to bed on time, etc. Enrolling in kindergarten or daycare helps in inculcating these habits in children.
2) Develop Social Skills: It is essential for children to learn how to behave in a social situation and that is where early childhood education becomes important. When children daycare, they learn how to engage with others. They also learn to listen to others and express their own opinion whenever required. This is beneficial for children in developing self-confidence and enhancing their social skills.
3) Eagerness for Lifelong Learning: In their early years, when children are taught through fun and interesting activities, that learning tends to stay with them lifelong. Quality early childhood education teaches children how to deal with challenges confidently, and develops a healthy and positive mindset in them.
4) Better Grades: With the help of early childhood education, children are exposed to the learning environment way before regular schooling starts. So, when their schooling starts they are not completely new to the learning process. This familiarity aids learning.
5) Exposure to Diversity: Early childhood education teaches children to value and appreciate differences and diversity. They learn that each one of us is special in their own way with our individual beliefs, ethnicity, and culture.
Early childhood education is much more than just playing games. This is a place that shapes the future of a child. Whatever children learn during their early years stays with them forever. It is a good idea to consider sending them to a place that provides high-quality early childhood education.