About the eBook
The new LEARNWELL series of Social Science textbooks for classes 6, 7 and 8 by Holy Faith International marks a breakthrough in children's textbooks. Drawing inspiration from the National Curriculum Framework (2005), the series makes learning a fun affair by presenting information in a refreshingly new format that is highly conducive to quick assimilation and retention of classroom lessons.
The series breaks fresh ground by encapsulating packages of knowledge and presenting them in a logical order. Distinctive memory tags break the information in each chapter into small, manageable and easily remembered bytes, such as :
• Let Us Learn About
• Word Meanings
• Do you know? has been included to give some unbelievable but true information.
• Accurate illustrations, tables, flowcharts, diagrams and pictures have been given to make learning a joy.
• Info bubble gives various information, in addition to the subject matter and assimilate them.
• Think and Discuss, Find out, Imagine: These are mind-boggling assessment that help students to analyse and solve such problems which are common in our day-to-day life.
• Fun zone are activities that help students to develop creative and innovative approach towards the subject.
• Timeline (used only in history) to give the process of events in a chronological order.
• Elsewhere in the world (given only in history) that helps students to correlate the event in India with the contemporary time .
• Now I Know has been given for quick revision of the chapter.
• Exhaustive and Varied exercises (Summative & Formative Assessments) have been given to enable the students to develop theoretical and pragmatic approach towards the lessons.
• HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) Questions have been given to develop thinking skills in students.
• Projects, Activities, Group Discussions, Map work, Art and Craft work, Crossword Puzzles, etc., have been included to help foster the social know-how and hands-on experience skills in students.
• Life Skills have been given to imbue students with logical and analytical skills to relate Social Science with daily life.
In addition, each book in the series comes with its own FREE interactive CD, while Web support adds further dimensions to the overall package.
The precise text, superb illustrations and designs position the series as distinctly superior.